Saturday, December 19, 2015

Nerd Block Classic - December, 2015

Heya, peeps! Mike here, and in a surprise turn of events, I bet you're wondering why I suddenly have a Nerd Block review after I Nerdvorced them last year. Well, I was tempted back for 1 month only due to their Cyber Monday deal and, more importantly, their promise of amazing "Star Wars" items! Yes, I'm that big of a fan. LOL

After a long wait and a lot of doubt as to whether I had made the right decision to trust that not even Nerd Block could screw up giving people good "Star Wars" items, I received my box!


Yep, that looks good! Before I tell you about those items, though, here's a little info on Nerd Block Classic:

Monthly Subscription - $19.99 USD / month
3-Month Subscription - $53.97 USD / period
6-Month Subscription - $101.94 USD / period
Yearly Subscription - $191.88 USD / year

You have to add shipping to all of the above prices. For shipping to Canada, I was charged $8.75 USD, plus HST (13%) on top of everything! So, if you're Canadian like me, the items better be worth the extra cost and the stupid exchange rate at this time! Let's take a look at what I received.

DECEMBER, 2015

Here's a list of the items for this month's Nerd Block Classic, along with estimated Canadian pricing:

- Star Trek Captain Pin ($10.50 CAD)
- Kylo Ren T-Shirt ($18.00 CAD)
- Star Wars Mouse Pad ($8.50 CAD)
- Star Wars Blaster Keychain ($10.00 CAD)
- Star Wars Ice Tray ($15.00 CAD)
- Unmasked Darth Vader Pop! Vinyl ($17.00 CAD)

Nerd Block Inserts


Something new to Nerd Block since my final box with them last year is that they now have several inserts. There's one talking about the items (shown above), another revealing the general theme of next month's Block, and some ads. The items insert is what I appreciate the most since it makes it clear what was in the box and the different available options, if any.

Star Trek Captain Pin


Clearly, this isn't a "Star Wars" item, but it's still very cool. I'm a fan of "Star Trek" insignia pins and this Captain rank pin is definitely right up my alley. Awesome.

Kylo Ren T-Shirt


I love the design of this shirt. Also, it seems Nerd Block is now using higher quality shirts than they did before. My only complaint is that the size chart is a little off as my XL was definitely bigger than what was stated. I should have gone with my usual Large.

Star Wars Mouse Pad


This beautiful mouse pad has a design that looks like one of those old vacation destination ads. I love it, but Jess loves it more, so it's now hers. LOL

Star Wars Blaster Keychain


Wow, a Nerd Block exclusive item! Nice! I love this keychain and it's now on my key loop. ^_^

Star Wars Ice Tray


This is 1 of 3 ice trays subscribers could have received. I already own one of the other 2, so I'm quite lucky to have gotten this one.

Unmasked Darth Vader Pop! Vinyl


My first "Star Wars" Pop! vinyl was from Nerd Block. Now, so is my second. Of the 3 possible figures subscribers could get, this was the one I wanted most, so I'm one happy nerd right now. This is easily my favourite item in this Block.

OVERVIEW

I'm pretty sure you've come to the conclusion that I really liked this month's Nerd Block Classic. Honestly, it was the best Nerd Block I have ever received. It's on the same level as a normal Loot Crate, and that's saying something. However, despite the awesome items and getting my money's worth, I am most definitely not tempted to go back to becoming a Nerd Block subscriber. Why? Because I'm pretty sure this is an exception and not the rule. I've read what people have gotten in previous months and I haven't been impressed. With "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" coming out and the promise of awesome "Star Wars" merch, Nerd Block had to put together something epic this month to not only prevent subscribers from leaving, but to also attract new ones. I honestly don't think Nerd Block will match this level of quality for a long while, so I've already cancelled.

Of course, if you disagree and are interested in joining Nerd Block, please feel free to visit their web site at www.nerdblock.com. They have more than just their standard Block. They now have all sorts of themed programs like Arcade Block and Horror Block.

And, that's it for now. Stay tuned for more entries this month. Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful Holiday Season!

~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment