Thursday, December 31, 2015

Marvel Collector Corps - 2015 - Box 5 - Guardians of the Galaxy

Heya, peeps! Mike here, and there are less than 6 hours before 2016 here in Toronto. What a perfect time for a final review before 2015 ends! And, what box happened to show up right before Christmas so that I could give Jess something extra special from it? Why, the Guardians of the Galaxy box for Marvel Collector Corps, of course!


Before I move on to describing what was inside the box, here's some vital pricing info if you're new to this program by Marvel Comics and Funko Toys:

Bi-Monthly Subscription
$31.95 USD to the US / $39.00 USD to Canada (Shipping Included)

Yearly Subscription
$191.70 USD to the US / $234.00 USD to Canada (Shipping Included)

As you may have noticed above, this isn't a monthly subscription. Instead, Funko sends a box out every 2 months, thus the higher box price compared to programs like Loot Crate and Nerd Block. If you get the yearly subscription, you get an 8" bonus figure each year on the anniversary of your subscription.

Okay, now that the business is out of the way, here's what my box looked like when I opened it:


That looks very promising, yes? Well, here's a list of items with their approximate Canadian pricing:

- Collector Corps Pin ($5.00 CAD)
- Collector Corps Patch ($5.00 CAD)
- Guardians of Infinity #001 Comic ($5.00 CAD)
- Pop! Bobblers Christmas Ornaments ($25.00 CAD)
- Star-Lord Pop! Mug ($15.00 CAD)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Scarf ($30.00 CAD)

Collector Corps Box


As with previous months, the inside of the Collector Corps box has a comic panels design. This time around, the panels are from "Guardians of the Galaxy" and they're very dynamic. Nice!

Collector Corps Pin


This is honestly my favourite pin to date. Groot looks amazing here!

Collector Corps Patch


This Rocket Raccoon patch is not only pretty badass, but it also complements the Groot pin quite well. Also, this is my favourite patch to date!

Guardians of Infinity #001 Comic


My buddy Ryan and I had a conversation recently about receiving comics in subscriptions boxes. We've come to the agreement that although it's awesome to get comics, neither of us are ever encouraged to read the rest of the different series being promoted. This "Guardians of Infinity" comic has a fantastic Variant Cover and all, but I'll be honest when I say it's wasted on me. I've kind of lost interest in Marvel comics lately due to their "reboot", so this issue will probably just sit in one of my comics boxes collecting dust. Still, for anyone who is still into Marvel comics, it's a good item.

Pop! Bobblers Christmas Ornaments


Not only is this set of Pop! Christmas Ornaments ridiculously awesome, they're also very appropriate for the season. They're my favourite part of this box!

Star-Lord Pop! Mug


Finally, something that doesn't have Groot or Rocket Raccoon on it! LOL Seriously, this is an awesome mug. It'll definitely be use quite a bit!

Guardians of the Galaxy Scarf


This is the item that I gave to Jess as part of her Christmas Gift Package. I'm pretty sure it was her favourite present from me. Thanks, Funko and Marvel!

OVERVIEW

This was honestly one of the best Marvel Collector Corps boxes so far. I'm sure my opinion was obvious from how many times I used the word "favourite". Great items, incredible value, and amazing fun. I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store!

If you want more information on this subscription box program, check out the Collector Corps web site HERE.

And, that's all for 2015. Thank you for supporting this blog and have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment