Sunday, March 30, 2014

Marvel Munnyworld Micro

Heya! Mike here, and I'm excited to be writing about the Marvel Munnyworld Micro set. I've seen these blind box toys online and finally tracked one down at Silver Snail Comics.


I love the box design and appreciate that Kidrobot put some effort into it. Too often these blind box type toys get boring or downright ugly boxes. I like to keep at least one box from each series I buy and this Marvel Munnyworld box will be one that I display.


The sides of the box show the 8 figures this series has. I love Silver Surfer and the Thing. My least favourite is the Punisher, who looks like a monkey. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE monkeys. But, Punisher should look like Punisher, not an angry simian.


Inside the box, I found 2 sheets of stickers and a silver Kidrobot package. Let's see what was inside it.


WOOHOO! I got the figure I wanted most - Silver Surfer! Now, let's take a look at the stickers.


Aside from being cute and fun, the stickers are also sturdy. They're made of a stretchy foam-like material that makes them a little harder to remove from the backing, but also harder to ruin. When I was trying to put the red shorts on Silver Surfer, for example, I was able to reposition several times without issue. The variety of stickers was also very much appreciated since I could make my Surfer look the way I want and it would probably look different from someone else's Surfer. Here's my finished Silver Surfer.


I love him! My Surfer is adorable and reminds me of when Silver Surfer found peace amongst a group of surfers at a beach and refused to help the heroes battle evil in a major Marvel crossover event. (If anyone can remind me of which series that was from, it would be very much appreciated. I have been looking through my comics for months and can't find the scene!)

Overall, I'm really impressed with Kidrobot. Assuming the quality of all the other figures in the series are the same, this Marvel Munnyworld Micro set is great! It's fun for kids and adults, and it results in unique figures for display. For more info, check out the Kidrobot Web Site.

Thanks for dropping by. See you again soon!

~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment