Sunday, March 23, 2014

Dragonball - Capsule R

Mike here, and for 2 months, I had been eyeing a box at 401 Games in Toronto that contains a bunch of Dragonballs. The price of $12.99 for a single ball containing a mini vinyl statue made me hesitate, but I finally gave in to temptation and bought the Number 5 ball. Check it out!




Opening the Capsule R ball was easy. All I had to do was pull open the label along the perforated line and pop the ball open. Inside, I found a sealed package containing 3 pieces that I had to put together to make the vinyl mini statue and then a fourth piece that is used to build a special statue. More on that below.


I was thrilled to discover that I had gotten the statue I wanted - Goku chasing Bubbles. The statue itself was not hard to put together since each peg and its corresponding hole is a different shape and size. There is no mistaking where each piece goes. I found that the plastic is tough and of seemingly good quality. The paint job was what really sealed the deal for me, though. It's great for something this small. Here, take a look.


I am absolutely impressed by the quality of this mini statue and have no doubt that the other ones in the series are equally good.

You've probably noticed that the blue dragon tail piece is not part of this statue. As mentioned above, each statue comes with an extra piece. If you collect all 7 statues, you will have all the pieces necessary to make a statue of Son Goku as an angel flying over Serpent Road. Here's a scan of a Japanese product sheet found on www.kanzenshuu.com.


Man, I would definitely like to get all the statues to make the special one, but to be honest, I don't have the funds to do so. $12.99 is expensive and I can't justify buying more Capsule R balls, especially since getting a double would be a huge blow to my wallet and I'm sure I'd get one along the way. Interestingly, I noticed that my Number 5 ball came with what seems to be the Number 5 set. Look at the packaging in this picture.


The big question I have is whether this means that the number of the ball corresponds to the number of the statue, making it easier for me to get all the pieces to make Angelic Goku since all I'd have to do is buy the other 6 balls. If you have bought a Capsule R that is not the Number 5 ball, please let me know which statue you got. Thanks!

Overall, I love the Capsule R mini statues. I would have been happy regardless of which statue I got since they're all really cool. The price is a little high, but nowadays, a lot of vinyls are expensive and not all of them are made as well as a Capsule R statue. If you're a Dragonball fan, I would definitely suggest getting at least one of these. It'll look great on display.

Thanks for checking out this entry. I'll leave you with one last picture. :)


~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment