Thursday, November 19, 2015

Minecraft Mini-Figure Netherrack Series 3

Hi! Mike here, and for the past few months, I've been seeing cute little Minecraft figures for sale at Walmart that come in blister packs and blind boxes, the latter of which are definitely of interest to me since I'm a fan of the game and I certainly love blind boxes. But, the $3.49 + tax price tag made me hesitant... until today!


I bought 2 of these suckers and brought them to the office with me to take photos during my break. Here are a couple more pics of the box, showing what figures are in Series 3... Wait! There were 2 other series before this? Wow, I definitely didn't pay close enough attention to these toys.



Based on the non-random 3-packs they also sell at Walmart, I already knew the size of the figures in these blind boxes. Considering their size, I honestly wondered how many figures there would be in them. I mean... they're kind of big. They wouldn't use such big boxes for single figures, right?



Yes. Yes, they would. Here's another shot of the Iron Armor Zombie I got in front of the large-ish box.


Despite the wasteful size of the packaging, I have to admit that the box design is very nice. I also like how, according to some web sites I found, you can tell what figure is inside the box if you look at the code underneath...


Yeah, that's apparently the code for an Iron Armor Zombie underneath the bar code numbers. Just Google "Netherrack Series 3 Codes". It's ridiculous how these are false blind boxes.

Moving on, the Mini-Figure itself is pretty nice. I like that it's designed as a "chibi" version of Minecraft. The plastic feels sturdy. The paint job is mostly good with some smudging on the helmet. I'm impressed.


In my second box, I got a Skeleton Horse.


I love the details on this figure, especially the vertebrae.


I also like putting the Iron Armor Zombie on its back.


Adorable! I'm having a cuteness overload right now!

The thing, though, is that in the end, I honestly don't feel that the toys, cool as they are, are worth the price tag. LEGO Minifigures are just $0.50 more and you get multiple pieces, articulation, and... It's LEGO. I know Minecraft is super popular right now, but I feel like they're charging $1.75 for the figure and $1.75 for the box. These Mini-Figures should cost $2.00 plus tax each at the most.

All in all, the Minecraft Mini-Figure Netherrack Series 3 blind boxes are pretty awesome toys, but a big waste of packaging and not worth the price. Get them on sale or if you don't mind spending that kind of money.


Thanks for reading and I'll be back soon with more reviews!

~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment