Thursday, May 28, 2015

Loot Crate - May, 2015 - Unite

Heya, peeps! Mike here, and yes, I'm on time with my Loot Crate review this month! To be honest, I was starting to think I wouldn't be able to post until June since nothing had arrived yet as of Tuesday. Luckily, my box finally showed up yesterday, so here I am!


For those of you who haven't heard of Loot Crate, it is a monthly subscription box that caters towards "nerds" and "geeks". Each month, subscribers get a themed box of 6 to 8 items. What's interesting is that Loot Crate has different subscription programs. Here's a breakdown:

1 Month Plan - $19.95 USD / $29.95 CAD per month
3 Month Plan - $57.75 USD / $84.00 CAD per 3 months
6 Month Plan - $113.70 USD / $162.00 CAD per 6 months
1 Year Plan - $215.40 / $312.00 CAD per year (includes Bonus Gift)

MAY - UNITE

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is one of my favourite things ever, so when I first saw the announcement for the May theme for Loot Crate, I was ecstatic. Power Rangers and Marvel in the same box? Heck, YES! Now that I have my box, did the theme live up to my self-produced hype? Let's find out! Here's what I got:

- Loot Crate Mini Magazine ($2.50 CAD)
- Loot Crate Theme Pin ($0.75 CAD)
- Power Rangers T-Shirt ($15.00 CAD)
- Loot Crate Exclusive MAD Magazine ($5.00 CAD)
- Rick and Morty Puzzle ($5.00 CAD)
- Team Fortress 2 Buttons ($10.00 CAD)
- Bravest Warriors #1 ($4.50 CAD)
- Avengers Decal ($3.00 CAD)
- Marvel Shoe Laces ($5.00 CAD)
- Marvel Ice Tray ($12.00 CAD)

Loot Crate Custom Box


I don't think it's a surprise anymore that Looters receive a custom box. This month, we got a creative locker room design, complete with a bench you can cut out of the cover flap. Oddly enough, despite its simplicity, it's one of the better designs to date in my opinion.

Loot Crate Mini Magazine


This month's mini magazine has a so-so cover design, but a really good article inside about comic book teams. A nice, much appreciated read.

Loot Crate Theme Pin


Okay, so I've been calling this a pin every month. Do you call this a pin or a button? Bah, who cares? It's neat getting one of these every month. I just wish this particular pin had a nicer design. Props for being thematically good, though.

Power Rangers T-Shirt


Wow! What a design! I love this Tommy Oliver shirt! I'm definitely going to wear this very often.

Loot Crate Exclusive MAD Magazine


You know I love the mini magazine. Well, this exclusive MAD Magazine should start becoming a monthly perk. Awesome!

Rick and Morty Puzzle


Do you remember when Kinder Eggs used to have cool toys you could build? Do you remember the disappointment you felt when they started putting those stupid puzzles in their eggs? That's NOT how I felt when I got this... This... Um... What's a Rick and what's a Morty? See what just happened there? Loot Crate introduced me to a series I didn't know about using a cool product. Nice!

Team Fortress 2 Buttons


Now, I'm going to call these buttons. Yes, buttons. Awesome buttons. Onto the cork board they go!

Bravest Warriors #1


I love comics and I love variant covers. Loot Crate gave me both for a series I've only heard of, but never actually checked out. Sweet.

Avengers Decal


I don't use decals, but this "Avengers: Age of Ultron" decal is pretty cool.

Marvel Shoe Laces


When I first pulled these out of my box, I was only moderately excited since I don't use custom shoe laces. But, after further thought, I realized they would look awesome on my black Chucks. So, these laces get a thumbs up from me.

Marvel Ice Tray


This is easily one of the most practical items I've ever received from a subscription box. Now, I can throw Cap's shield or Hulk's fist or Thing's face into my pop. Love love love!

(It must be noted, though, that I question the logic in having 3 Avengers and then 1 Fantastic Four member represented on the tray... Wouldn't it make more sense for the 4th design to be Mjolnir? And, what's with putting Daredevil, Spider-Man, and Thor on the box when none of them are on the tray? Come on, Marvel! That's misleading!)

OVERVIEW

Honestly, this month's Loot Crate was one of the worse I've received. Sure, the theming was good and lots of series / brands were represented, but the combination of items just didn't do it for me. Put another way, I would be happy to receive each and every one of these items, but just with other stuff.

Next month, the theme is going to be CYBER. That, to me, sounds extremely dirty... But, hey, we all know they're talking about "Transformers" and other tech-y stuff, right? Right? Anyway, if you're interested in learning more about Loot Crate, check out their web site at This Link. To get a $3 discount off a new subscription, use this code: SAVE3

Thanks, as always, for checking out my blog. See you again soon!

~ Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment